Friday 4 October 2013

San Diego: the end of the road



Some other images from my five days in San Diego

Aircraft carrier USS Midway served 47 years at sea. Decommissioned in 1992, is now moored as a museum in San Diego.





My elderly Trek has been a great companion during this trip.  Many thanks to Recycled Cycles of Seattle.

This gallery at the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego sits in part of the old train station. Disconcerting when a train pulls up outside the doors when I’m looking at Color Field by Liza Lou

Cooling off in Mission Bay Park

Apartment block




The Fish market, San Diego

Chandelier at the main entrance to the Salk Institute.  Designed by Dale Chihuly, whose work I saw four weeks ago in the Glass Garden, Seattle


A last look at the Pacific, La Jolla






My journey: Seattle to San Diego


And that’s it, the end of the road.  I’ve driven 2,200 miles, through three states, Washington, Oregon and California, spent time in five major cities, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego.  I have visited many much smaller places, and found lots to enjoy in just about all of them.

Probably the most enjoyable places have been those I’ve been able to explore on my bicycle. Buying it in Seattle was the best expenditure I made on this holiday: and now I’ve sold it in San Diego.

So it is time to fly home.  Thank you America, for 35 great days and nights, you've been very welcoming and very hospitable.  

If you travel BA Economy, like me, have a good meal and large glass of wine before you board the plane.  Then you can pass on the inflight catering
And do travel light.

Bye......



No comments:

Post a Comment